Tuesday, September 14, 2010

R1P2 Day 14 = 147.8 (-2.0)

Weight: 147.8
2 pound loss! Woohoo!

Breakfast: 9 strawberries
               Coffee
Lunch: 1.5 cups cucumber
           1.5 oz steak
Dinner: 1 cup spicy tomato soup
            Krabby Patties
Snack: Apple??

I had too many melba toasts today....*hangs head in shame*
Lunch was a bust, the piece of steak I had left was the piece with all the fat that was missing from the other pieces. So I couldn't eat a proper amount

I'm sooo tired of fish and I'm really not a fan of chicken anymore.
I don't like touching chicken and my mom always overcooks it.
I need to find...some interesting recipes...

I also need to look up the protocol for TOM...I know to stick to the usual but I tend to need extra iron so yeah...

Tomato Soup:
tomato (allowed amount)
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 c water
3/4 t basil (vary to taste)
1/2 t onion powder
salt
black pepper
  1. Preheat broiler.
  2. Cut tomato(es) in half.
  3. Place tomato(es) on nonstick baking sheet. Flat side down.
  4. Broil for 5-10 mins, or until the skins are blistered and blackened.
  5. Let cool, then remove skins & seeds.
  6. In a medium sized saucepan, heat 1/4 c water over medium heat.
  7. Add onion powder & cook for 5 minutes.
  8. Add garlic & cook for 2 more minutes.
  9. While that's cooking, place tomato(es) in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
  10. Stir tomato puree into saucepan and add the rest of your water (1/4 c).
  11. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
  12. Stir in basil and season with salt & pepper.
If you used canned tomatos, read the label carefully. My mom decided to take a short cut without telling me (because then I would have taken over) and used a can that had 3g sugar.
If I was gonna cheat with sugar...I would have at least made it worth it. Not from canned tomatos
I'm hoping it won't be a major thing


Krabby Patties (Crab Cakes)
100g crab meat
1 grissini (ground into powder)
1 t parsley
1/2 t tarragon
1/2 t paprika
1/2 t lemon juice
1/4 t cayenne
1/4 t white pepper
1/4 t dry mustard
1/4 t seafood seasoning (optional)
  1. Grind grissini into powder and place into small dish.
  2. In bowl, combine crab meat and remaining ingredients. Mix well & form into patties.
  3. Coat each side of patty with grissini powder.
  4. Brown in non-stick skillet over MED heat for 3 mins each side, or place on George Foreman for 4-5 mins.
  5. Serve immediately.
* setting them in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or overnight as this helps the patties set

Original Links to recipes: http://hcgrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/09/tomato-soup.html && http://hcgrecipes.blogspot.com/search/label/crab

No comments:

Post a Comment